As you can see there are two lines- START LINE and FINISH LINE. Between these two lines are some structures which the group needs to negotiate in order to reach the FINISH LINE using the helping materials provided.
The helping materials include-
- Wooden Plank (PHATTA)
- Circular wooden log (BALLI)
- Extra tools as per particular obstacle design like rings, triangular bars etc.
ACTION PLAN : HOW TO APPROACH THE HGT?
The gap between the START LINE and CB-1 is 5 feet which is more than 4 feet, hence it has to be bridged. Place one end of the BALLI on the START LINE and the other end on CB-1.
Now two candidates will climb on to CB-1.
Now the candidates standing on CB-1 will place the PHATTA between CB-1 and CB-4 as shown in the figure above to bridge the gap between CB-1 and CB-4 which is 6 feet.
Then they will move on to CB-4 and the rest of the group standing beyond the START LINE will climb on to CB-1. They will pass on the BALLI to the candidates standing on CB-4.
The candidates standing on CB-4 will place the BALLI between CB-4 and BENCH-1 (B-1) as shown in figure above to bridge the gap which is 6 feet. Then they will climb on to B-1.
The candidates standing on CB-1 will move on to CB-4 and pass on the PHATTA to the candidates standing on B-1.
The candidates standing on B-1 will place the PHATTA between B-1 and the FINISH LINE as shown in figure above to bridge the gap which is 5 feet. Then will cross the FINISH LINE.
Now the candidates standing on CB-4 will climb on to B-1 and then cross the FINISH LINE along with the BALLI. On reaching the FINISH LINE they will collect all the helping materials.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully completed the HGT.
IMPORTANT POINTS :
- As HGT is a group task(strength of the group is reduced to half), the whole group needs to cross the FINISH LINE. Don’t leave behind any candidate.
- Follow the rules instructed by the GTO. In case a rule is violated, repeat that task immediately.
- Carry all the helping materials with you. Don’t leave behind any helping material.
- Don’t forget the load behind. It has to cross the FINISH LINE along with the group.
- Remember the colour rule –
- White- Both the candidates and the helping materials can touch.
- Blue/white- Candidates can touch but helping materials can’t.
- Red- Out of bound for both the candidates and the helping materials. The surface of the ground between the START LINE and the FINISH LINE is also out of bound for both the candidates and the helping materials.
GOLDEN TIPS FOR HGT :
- Candidate must listen carefully the rules given by the GTO.
- Observe the structures carefully, they are very simple and can be solved with basic intelligence.
- Most of the structures can be solved using the basic principles of physics like law of lever, fulcrum and cantilever.
- Generally, there are three ways to negotiate an obstacle. Observe carefully and choose the one which takes less time.
- Take the lead, give ideas and get it implemented. Don’t give orders or instructions only, contribute physically too.
- Listen to other candidate’s ideas as well. Do not dominate the group, give chance to other candidates too.
- Do not try to gain the attention of the GTO by looking at him while performing the task.