As you can see there are two lines- START LINE and FINISH LINE. Between these two lines are some structures which the group needs to negotiate in order to reach the FINISH LINE using the helping materials provided.
The helping materials include-
- Wooden Plank (PHATTA)
- Circular wooden log -LARGE BALLI and SMALL BALLI
- Extra tools as per particular obstacle design like rings, triangular bars etc.
ACTION PLAN : HOW TO APPROACH THE PGT?
STEP : 1
The gap between the START LINE and CB-1 is 5 feet, it has to bridged. Place one end of the PHATTA on the START LINE and the other end on CB-1.
Now few candidates of the group will climb on to CB-1. Let us say 4 candidates willclimb on to CB-1.
The gap between CB-1 and CB-4 is 6 feet which needs to bridged. Therefore the 4 candidates standing on CB-1 will bridge the gap between CB-1 and CB-4 using the SMALL BALLI and the LARGE BALLI as shown in the figure above and will move on to CB-4.
The rest of the group standing beyond the START LINE will move on to CB-1. They will pass on the PHATTA to the candidates standing on CB-4.
The candidates standing on CB-4 will bridge the gap between CB-4 and the FINISH LINE as shown in the figure above. Then they will cross the FINISH LINE.
The candidates standing on CB-1 will move on to CB-4, pass on the SMALL BALLI and the LARGE BALLLI to the candidates standing beyond the FINISH LINE. Then all of them will cross the FINISH LINE.
When everyone has reached the FINISH LINE, they will collect all the helping materials and place it at the START LINE.
CONGRATULATIONS! One obstacle is completed. There are three more obstacles like this which needs to be completed in 45 minutes.
IMPORTANT POINTS :
- As PGT is a group task, the whole group needs to cross the FINISH LINE. Don’t leave behind any candidate.
- Follow the rules instructed by the GTO. In case a rule is violated, repeat that task immediately.
- Carry all the helping materials with you. Don’t leave behind any helping material.
- Don’t forget the load behind. It has to cross the FINISH LINE along with the group.
- Remember the colour rule –
- White- Both the candidates and the helping materials can touch.
- Blue/white- Candidates can touch but helping materials can’t.
- Red- Out of bound for both the candidates and the helping materials. The surface of the ground between the START LINE and the FINISH LINE is also out of bound for both the candidates and the helping materials.
GOLDEN TIPS FOR PGT :
- Candidate must listen carefully the rules given by the GTO.
- Observe the structures carefully, they are very simple and can be solved with basic intelligence.
- Most of the structures can be solved using the basic principles of physics like law of lever, fulcrum and cantilever.
- Generally, there are three ways to negotiate an obstacle. Observe carefully and choose the one which takes less time.
- The first obstacle is very simple and the difficulty level increases with the successive obstacles.
- Take the lead, give ideas and get it implemented. Don’t give orders or instructions only, contribute physically too.
- Listen to other candidate’s ideas as well. Do not dominate the group, give chance to other candidates too.
- Do not try to gain the attention of the GTO by looking at him while performing the task.